Thursday, October 4, 2012

What is a combination AFCI?

A combination AFCI is a device that detects both, series and parallel arc faults.
A series arc fault occurs when the conductor in series with the load breaks and arcing occurs between the ends of the conductor or when a conductor termination becomes loose.
A parallel arc fault occurs as a ground fault where an energized phase conductor contacts an opposing phase conductor or a short circuit occurs between a phase conductor and a grounded surface.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I found this post to be very informative. I just hired the best electrician in Wayland, MA. I will have to tell him to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete